Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life Updates

         I better blog about our life before I forget.  I have had a nine month vacation from blogging (whoops!).  Baca's first company shut down since they didn't have any other projects.  Superbot is now closed.  During the end Baca and I were in a bit of a panic.  Were we going to move back to UT and do grad school?  Would we be able to find another job?  We covered our butts and had our plan...and our backup plan...and plan C...You get it.  He had some phone interviews (some in San Fran, San Diego, all of which were backups), he had an interview at a job in El Segundo where his buddy worked (from Superbot) and knew he nailed the interview.  1 week passed...no call.  2 weeks go by.  We were sweating bullets by this point!  Trying not to bug his buddy and trying not to break down every night.  Kind of a crappy process to go through!  I think it was about 3 weeks or more we finally got a confirmation that he got the job!  I remember checking the email for paperwork and seeing his offer in his mailbox.  What a glorious moment it was!  We had received an offer for what we were going to ask for!  Really, an amazing moment.

     Baca has been working at Big Red Button Ent.  for about 6 months.  He is not just a UI programmer anymore, he is a general programmer with some UI involved.  I know he likes it much better.  The company he came from threw money around while BRB is super frugal.  Baca and I talked and hopefully he can segway into networking, that will allow him to go into other genres (other than gaming).  We are not sure if this is the kind of lifestyle we want (or can handle) forever.  Changing jobs every  2-4 years?  Yikes.  We are super grateful that he has broke into the industry though.  It is an experience to remember!
   
   My life is pretty chill.  My good buddy Rachel and I have been hanging out for a while and now she is leaving!  Her hubby and her have been praying for a better job and they got it!  They are moving to UT in two weeks.  Thinking about it is hard.  I felt like I finally was stable with my social life, now I feel like I have to start all over.



Recently, Baca crunched our car!  He was pulling out of a parking space and hit the big pole he parked next too.  I know.  It was pretty silly how he could do it from a parked position...but he was tired.  You know the drill.  Today we are sending it to the shop hoping it will look brand new when it is done!  Cross your fingers!

Living the LA Life!!-

Rachel, Emily and I got a chance to see Conan live!  It was so fun!  We lucked out and got front row seats!  I even got to play the trumpet from one of the guys in the band!  I forget how slobbery the mouth piece can get...yuck!  But I played it well! haha!  We got to see 3 guest stars!  The gay guy from Modern Family, the Gov'ner from Walking Dead and James Franco.  So cool to be there live!  Sadly, NO pictures were allowed in CONAN.  Here we are waiting in the parking lot...:) (Nov 18th)
Emily and I also saw the Soup taping too.  We got to shake Joel McHales hand and take pictures!  Love that guy and the taping was super fun!  I am trying to take advantage of living in LA! (9/25/13)



1 comment:

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824