Saturday, May 12, 2012

We Are Moving

        Not unusual right?  Well, this time instead of moving around SLC, we are moving to California.  Los Angeles California.  Yep.  John got lucky and got a job offer at a place called SuperBot out in Culver City.  Of course him fresh out of school, no experience will weigh on the final salary offer but, the opportunity is a pretty amazing one.  Most of Baca's other classmates have yet to find a job after graduation, a 'green' person like him would rarely get a gaming job ( and I mean rarely) without having experience in a gaming company,  his first day (May 9th) and he is already working 11 hour days because it is crunch time (yes, they do offer overtime- another rare thing for salary jobs in the industry).   This is how it went down:  John got flown out for an interview about 2 weeks before he graduated (May 4th).  They said it was a go and asked when he could start, the dummy told them Wed May 9th. the day after we got back from Vegas.   We had plans to spend 2 days in Vegas for a grad gift.  Instead of driving to Vegas and back, we ended up driving to Vegas, then to LA to look at apartments.  John stayed there, and I flew home May 8th to start packing and train a replacement for my job.  Thankfully we got one in a great area, although our windows face a really busy road, the other side is a beautiful street with million dollar homes.  Plus, my sister and brother in law live right down the road.  My brother in law is bishop of the ward too.  Thankfully we have my sister there, because LA is huge and I wouldn't know where to start looking.  It is a fun thing to start over somewhere new, even though our rent there is a nice house payment here haha.  Baca's career will get going and I might be able to stay at home for a little while (not sure for how long), if I have to get a job, it would only be part time thankfully.  Anyway, I am letting June watch videos while I update the blog, gotta hurry.  I have a pod coming Tuesday to pack our stuff in, and I fly out Mon May 21st.  So, if those of you reading haven't heard from me, I am sorry, I am literally moving our family myself (except for help from some friends and family -thank you!!).  Baca is on the floor in our new apartment sleeping on a pad in the dining area (don't ask why he chose to sleep there) and bug and I are ready to go be with him!  I will miss Utah, but we were ready to try something new.  A new experience and journey awaits us and I am excited!  Love you all!

No comments: