Sunday, January 27, 2013

Vacation

I am literally two days off the cruise ship and still feel like the ground is moving!  I will tell you I was not ready to come back to reality.  John and I went on a 4 day cruise on Carnival.  It was awesome!  The ship at sea wasn't the best for my motion sickness, but being able to sleep in, eat all day everyday, and laze around without any guilt was a great way to spend those four days.  And no child!  My mom came over and watched her and I am thankful.  We bought this a couple months ago when we had the extra money and we are so glad we did.  I know Carnival is the cheaper of ships but the food and lodging was much better than I thought it would be.  Here is a breakdown of our trip:

Day 1:
Waiting in line, checking in, getting settled in our room, and exploring the ship.  We walked the ship and got to eat some lunch.  It was buffet style and that is how I like it!  The best news on the ship was ice cream and pizza were open 24/7.  Yes, that is sad.  I seriously pounded out 4-5 ice cream cones my first day.  And it felt gooooood!  They had a raffle in the GYM for spa certificate give away, and I WON!  I won a hundred off spa service.  I went right after and booked John and I a couples message :)

Day 2:  Funny thing is, I chose a room at the front to not share as many walls with neighbors.  After the first night, we got woken up by a "CLANK CLANK CLANK" of chains.  We were right next to the anchor...Hahaha!  For at least 45 min, the giant anchor clanked its way to the bottom.  Thankfully, most of the time it was a quiet room.  Since we were already up around 7 am, we got up early to eat breakfast and catch a boat to Catalina!  John and I hunted down a beach to lay out on.  We walked and found a small beach full of...rocks.  A rocky beach.  So, we put a towel down and laid out.  For a total of 5 minutes.  Laying on rocks was not comfy!  Sadly, this was the only type of beach on that side of the island.  Good to know.  We walked for a while before our excursion of snorkeling!  Yes, it was cold.  Yes, I was def rethinking that excursion.  No, I could not change it.  John was too excited for me to skip on him!  So, we walked for a bit to Lovers Cove.  We got our wet suits on, sadly mine was a bit bigger, not the snug fitting one you should be wearing in that kind of weather.  I didn't do too hot when it came to snorkeling.  I stuck pretty close to the shore while the rest of the group paddled their way around the cove.  John felt sorry for me and stuck close lol.  So, he enjoyed it while I froze with water gushing in my open space of my wet suit.  We headed back to the ship and enjoyed the rest of the night eating and walking around.




Day 3:    The dock today was in Ensenada Mexico.  We didn't have to ride on the little boats to get from ship to dock so that was good.  Too bad People rarely tell you that Ensenada wasn't that nice.  It was nice to walk around except for the many, many children trying to sell you chicklets and sling shots.  I did bargain for a deal on a couple of bracelets.  I felt like I got my fill of Mexico so we walked back to the ship.  The rest of the day was watching shows and hanging out.  That night the the boat was rocking while leaving the port.  I had to pop some meds and crashed hard.

Guess you can't really see the flag in the back!


Day 4:  This was the day at sea.  The medicine made me tired so I could barely get up.  We got up to get breakfast but I guess John noticed I wasn't doing too hot when the ship was trudging through the sea.  We headed back to the room and I got some more meds.  I slept off and on the rest of the day until dinner time.    We did use room service and order in for lunch/ post lunch haha.  We made sure to make it to dinner (they had a bit nicer food and we dined early).  After napping all day I was ready to see some comedy shows.  We went to bed around midnight that night and tried to pack as best we could before we had to leave the next morn.




There were many more details like how our sectioned house keeper knew our names and was super sweet to us.  She probably saw us the most b/c we would forget stuff in our room so we were in and out a lot.  We met three couples and saw them off and on, most of the time they just got smashed so it was funny to see them later in the day because they were happier/relaxed :).  We seriously ate so much.  I mean, the best part of vacation is to eat.  John got so excited over a free deck of cards you get at the help desk, we hit them up four times.  I tried to get another pack the last day but they were out.  I think that was some what our fault :) We gambled two dollars, and lost it quickly.  We had our fill of that pretty quick!  I did not get to layout like I wanted as the days got worse day by day.  All in all, I really enjoyed the cruise.  I had trouble when we were going but maybe I can do a cruise where the ship is docked most of the time!

And this is what I came home too.  We weren't the only ones on vacation!  Our little bug was spoiled to death by Gma.









No comments: