Monday, November 18, 2013

Home Projects

Since being a stay at home mom, this new life of mine has its challenges.  Like keeping busy :).  Not just with the kid but, for ME.  I got into a funk and quickly thought of many 'crafty' ideas to do. I wanted to paint the walls but knew that adventure would take lots of time and money.  SO.  I thought if I had to keep white walls, why not change the cabinets?  I got paint from a friend (already in a color I loved!) and borrowed brushes and utensils.  Here is a before picture ( there is a coat on the outter upper cabinet to see if I liked it). 
 Regular, ugly apartment kitchen...blegh!  I HATED these cabinets!

Note: This project was done by me.  Only me.  I hit this out in a day.  There are at least three coats of paint, and some clear ontop.  It got sloppy by the third coat.  My main goal was to cover what was noticeable! 


Here is the pain on the cabinets...no knobs yet.

This project cost me around 55$.  How you ask?  I had a lot of good friends who lent me the paint and such.  I just bought the knobs.  BOOYA!

 I even painted the ugly wood cover on the lights.  It helped brighten the kitchen majorly!
This kitchen was only the beginning....It turned out great and helps our apartment feel more 'home-ish'  

No comments: